GOODBYE FOR NOW

Monday, November 16, 2009

At The Teachers Desk

I really enjoyed At The Teachers Desk blog. As I first opened it, I noticed that there were a lot of information to look at. This excited me for the fact that I could pick the ones that were interesting to me. I liked the very first video: The Fundred Project. I thought this was a great idea for bringing awareness to the lead-contaminated areas in the U.S. This project was unique by allowing the students of our regular classrooms to get involved in doing a good deed with essentially saving lives. Another interesting topic I saw was: Pencils and Crayons to be Banned in Schools. At first, I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought to myself, "pencils and crayons banned!" who in the world came up with this nonsense. I understand that kids are being careless with the pencils by writing notes to each other and poking each other but what would we be doing to our kids if pencils and crayons were banned. Using pencils allows our children to express thier creativity and it also teaches them fine motor skills. Who is to say that proper writing skills will no longer be important? No one can make that decision, this is something that has to play out on its own. This blog is very creative in my opinion. I learned a lot of how other people think when it comes to certain topics in school or in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment