GOODBYE FOR NOW

Monday, November 16, 2009

NOVEMBER 22nd POST

Seven Stupid Mistakes: After reading this list, the two I enjoyed the most were, 1. Treating a school computer like a home computer and 2. Thinking technology in schools will go away.

Treating a school computer like a home computer is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. Why would you risk your job by taking care of personal business on school equipment? Haven't you ever heard of wait until you go home? I thought this was actually funny when I read that someone would run their business and edit videos from a weeding on a school computer.
If you are someone that thinks technology in schools will go away, then you must be someone that just came out of hibernation for centuries or maybe you've been hiding under a rock for sometime. I truly believe technology is our future whether we like it or not, we have to accept what comes with it. Technology is being incorporated more into the classroom every day and children enjoy learning from a computer screen and hands on instruction.

Seven Brilliant Things Teachers Do With Technology: The two I enjoyed were: 1. Empower Kids with Technology and 2. Put kids in touch with the world.

I believe that all teachers should empower kids with technology. As proven, the more we practice something, the better we become at that skill. Technology is advancing on a daily basis and as a teacher, we need to keep up with learning and teaching the new advances that technology brings. We as teachers should be willing to help our kids of the future become better at everything they do.
Putting kids in touch with the world is very unique in the sense that you could visit another country by just sitting in front of your computer. This type of activity keeps kids entertained and also helps them learn about other cultures.

New Classroom Rules: The two I enjoyed the most are 1. Use polite speech when speaking, blogging, texting, Twittering, instant messaging, etc. 2. Know what you are supposed to be learning, why, and what you will do with the knowledge.

I thought my first pick is extremely funny. In reality, blogging, texting, twittering, and instant messaging is the new way of communicating. It is very rare for someone to write a letter or simply pick up the phone and call someone.
My second pick is really important to me. I think it's crucial for students to understand what they are learning and why they are learning it. A lot of times, students use the line, "why do I need to know this, I would NEVER use it." I believe it's important for teachers to explain the benefits behind learning something new.





















No comments:

Post a Comment