GOODBYE FOR NOW

Sunday, November 8, 2009

November 8, 2009 assignment

After watching this long and not so interesting video, I realized that as an individual, I'm not as computer friendly as I thought I was. Mr. Wesch made a lot of points such as "when media changes, our conversation changes." I thought this to be very true. As a regular person, I use just a few social networks such as talking to friends on face book, using my email account at hot mail.com, and of course a cell phone, and computer. This is nothing compared to what I've experienced after returning to college. Students rarely ever communicate verbally or face to face. Every one carries an electronic device with them and is always preoccupied using it. Our society has definitely changed when it comes to technology. Kids that used to ask for books for Christmas now ask for top of the line computer devices. As a pursuing teacher, I plan to continue learning about the different technologies as they come about. I probably never be able to master each and every one of them but as long as I know a little about each one, I believe I'll be ok.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I will always need to keep up with technology because even the toughest technology is becoming second nature to kids. It is kinda scary! But I like your blog, very deep video. And yes we always seem to have a mobile device or laptop/computer near us at all times.

    ReplyDelete