GOODBYE FOR NOW

Saturday, August 29, 2009

थे इम्पोर्तांस ऑफ़ Creativity

The short video "The Importance of Creativity" was very unique to me. I really liked speaker Sir Ken Robinson's take on creativity. He stated that children are being taught only literacy at school but not creativity. Robinson believes that creativity should be just as important as literacy. He also mentioned that everyone is born an artist and one's creativity is slowly being taken away by the stressed importance of literacy vs creativity.

This was interesting to me because you really don't think about this type of situation. This is extremely serious, and I think we as soon to be educators should pay attention to this particular problem. I believe that our kids are creative in their own way and we as professionals should applaud their creativeness rather than turn them against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment