GOODBYE FOR NOW

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

When I first saw this video "Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts", my first reaction was very surprising. Vicki Davis incorporates new technology to her students through practice. This is a class I would love to have been in through high school in order to help me prepare for the technology of the future. The kids in Davis's classroom really seem to enjoy themselves. Davis allows hands on experience each and every day with her kids.

I think computer class should be a requirement regardless of ones major. It makes me wonder in 3-4 decades down the road if technology would take over the world. Would I need to sit behind the steering wheel of a car to drive? Or would I just need to push a button that automatically lets the computer in the car know where I want to go? Scary huh? Another question that comes to mind, would our children even need teachers?

No comments:

Post a Comment